Every January, the foundation holds a bocce ball tournament. The event is the biggest fundraiser for the foundation. This past year, 2017, the foundation was able to raise almost $90,000.
The event is held at Campo di Bocce in Los Gatos. Major sponsors are secured along with over 48 teams. Teams are made up of 4-6 players. Each player/team receives a t shirt and are placed in brackets where they play at several games before the top teams in each bracket meet in the late afternoon to determine the 19 for Life winner for the year. The event is an all day family affair, serving appetizers in the morning and lunch. During the day, a silent auction occurs as well as raffles prizes are given out. The Bocce ball tournament began due in part when DJ attended Santa Clara University the house he lived in had a bocce ball court.
- We anticipate this year’s tournament will sell out, so register early!
- Space is limited to the first 48 paid teams. All other teams will be placed on a waiting list.
- All teams are guaranteed a minimum of 3 games.
- $175.00 per person, up to 6 players per team.
- Reservations are not held until full payment is received.
- Registration deadline is January 5, 2018 or until all 48 teams are sold, whichever comes first.
- We encourage you to invite family and friends to attend as your staunch supporters and enjoy in the festive atmosphere of Campo di Bocce. We will provide food, beverages and a t-shirt at the cost of $60.00 per person (lunch only option).
“19 for Life” is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. Federal Tax ID #26-1613428.Donations to the Foundation will be tax deductible as charitable contributions. For tax purposes, the estimated fair market value of the event is $75 per person.
Congratulations to our NEW champions for 2017! Joe Gentzkow, Chris Melehan, Brian Riparbelli and Ryan Wright. Fierce competition to the end!
Thank you to all the sponsors who supported the 11th Annual Bocce Ball Tournament!
We could not have raised the money we made without your generous and continued support to our foundation. We are eager to distribute the winnings to CHEERS and the AYA program at LPCH at Stanford, along with giving scholarships through Cal Hi Sports this spring. We are forever grateful for keeping the spirit of DJ alive.
One Work Place
Wells Fargo Bank
Arthur J. Gallagher and Co.
Joseph J Albanese